Saturday, April 11, 2015

Our Beginnings

Dynamic Design Duo


I grew up in a household that was filled with creativity. Macrame, crochet, and sewing filled my earliest memories. As a toddler, I had my own fashion line! Later in my childhood, my mother Diane acquired a kiln, and ceramics became a big part of our life. I still have nightmares about those creepy garden gnomes! As a teenager, my mother could drive us all mad, with the incessant buzz of the sewing machine: as she made her quilts, dresses, and equestrian jackets.



Diane, my mother, never stops creating or designing!

I guess some of it had to rub off on me. Though, if not writing or reading, I'd always pick up the yarn and hook. My Grandmother, Aunt Tony, and Thelma - always had a hook and ball a yarn handy for me - if I ever complained that I was bored!

It wasn't until the Christmas of 2012, when my mother gifted me with this beautiful Tunisian Stitch Afghan Throw she designed - that my own creative fires were lit - and I picked up my crochet hooks once again.


Designed by Diane 

I immediately hit my local area stores, and acquired some yarn. Now, three years later, I have created several of my own blankets - to gift to loved ones for special occasions. Along the way I picked up a knack for knitting too! 


T
Created By Melonie Zarko

I made these afghans for my children. The second design is created from a free pattern at Lionbrand.com, You will need to register an account (don't worry it's free), in order to view the pattern. I have made several more blankets of various sizes, for nieces and nephews. It was then that Diane and I decided, we needed to open up an Etsy Shop. With already two request from loved ones for Christmas, it would be nice to share our passion with others and be able to afford more yarn! 

Look for our grand debut opening Fall of 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment