Saturday, April 18, 2015

Book Review: Crochet Stitches; Visual Encyclopedia by Robyn Chachula


I was so excited when this book finally came in the mail. Like so many other crocheter's, I lived out of pattern books. I worked other peoples designs, for many years, creating beautiful handmade items. There are a few favorites I'll always make, that I find exceptional. It takes a lot of work, to write out a  readable pattern, graph patchwork if necessary, and working out the kinks of one's own design. 

My mother, Diane can do it. All one has to do is hand her yarn, and out of her creative noggin', she will produce a stunning design! Without the aid of a pattern. It kills me that she never writes down a working pattern, for these designs she creates. Oh she makes graphs, and notes here and there, but only in Diane's world are they decipherable.

So she suggested that I get an encyclopedia of stitches, when I expressed my desire to create my own designs from the ground up. "Just get a book, you already have hundreds on Hocus Pocus", Diane told me. 

Robyn Chachula's book of Crochet Stitches, Visual Encyclopedia  is the book I selected, and it took me from working from pattern books and free patterns found on the internet - to this.

Thunderbird Panel by Melonie Zarko

Keep and eye out for the finished design. The possibilities are endless....

I highly recommend the book,





No comments:

Post a Comment