Saturday, May 23, 2015

Oak Wood Hooded Cowl

Isn't it funny - when your working on a new project, that you plan on keeping for yourself - how somebody will swoop in and ask if they can have it? I'm quite certain, I am not the only yarn artist with this happenstance. I have an entire tribe, just in my family unit, constantly eyeballing my wares!
It matters not, as the item was a prototype - a concept. An idea I'm working out in my head - that's almost there - but no quite. I really was happy to oblige my youngest daughter, in truth. It was a good exercise in specifying the cowl into exactly what she wanted. She explains how she wants the hood, and asked that I add some beads.The result looks absolutely enchanting! There is nothing like that sense of accomplishment. 

Oak Wood Hooded Cowl
Designed by Melonie Zarko

I used Panda Soft Yarn, that can be found at Smiley's Yarn online, for a very affordable price. The yarn is a pleasure to the touch, once it's worked up. It's machine washable, dry flat - and super warm and cuddly. 

When working with Panda Soft Yarn, I have found that time and patience is your best friend. You will have less difficulties using the knitting needles with this yarn. However, if your favored weaving instrument is the hook. then just use repeat cluster patterns, to help find your way with the stitching, when working up this yarn. It's easy to increase and decrease where you shouldn't; so be sure to take your time when crocheting with this yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment